x
  • Country ranking ?

    969
  • Producer ranking ?

    1
  • Decanting time

    45min
  • When to drink

    2015-2020

Vintage 2012

Variety:
Negroamaro.

Vines per ha:
4500

Production area:
Selected vineyards located between San Marzano and Francavilla Fontana. The soil is mainly terra rossa, with a fine texture and a generally calcareous underground with a few emerging rocks. The well-known redness of these soils is due to the high presence of iron oxides. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, very little rainfall and a wide temperature range between night and day, which has a positive influence on the quality of the grapes.

Harvest period:
Last week of September.

Vinification:
Grapes are hand-harvested in small baskets. Maceration: 18 days on 80% of the mass, 25 days on remaining 20%. Thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation with autochthonous yeasts at 24° C.

Maturation:
In French and Caucasian oak barrels for 12 months.

Tasting notes:
Very deep purple red, wide and complex bouquet with notes of spices, soft fruit and cherry jam. A full-bodied wine, soft and balanced, rich in fine tannins, with a pleasantly long lasting finish.

Best served with:
Savoury first courses, red meat, game, pecorino cheese. Meditation wine.

Serving temperature:
About 18°C.

Source:
www.cantinesanmarzano.com

Read more
Close

Latest Pro-tasting notes

<10 tasting notes

Tasting note

color

Medium, Ruby red and Dark

ending

Medium, Spicy and Harsh

flavors

Blackberry, Blueberry, Pepper, Cherry, Violet and Spice

nose

Fresh, Closed, Volatile and Youthful

taste

High in Acidity, High tannin, Youthful, Medium-bodied, One-dimensional, Powerful and Drying tannins

Verdict

Mediocre

Information

Origin

Apulia

Highlights

Latest news

WINERY NEWS Far Niente / Far Niente Wine Estates Acquires Prestigious Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Vineyard Located in the Ruth  more ...
WINERY NEWS Mitchell Harris Wines / 
WINERY NEWS Charles Dufour  / 
WINERY NEWS Alois Lageder / Summa 20th anniversary  - To celebrate Summa’s 20th anniversary, 1.400 international  more ...
WINERY NEWS Château du Donjon / 
WINERY NEWS Clos Lapeyre / 
WINERY NEWS Nightwish / 
WINERY NEWS Domaine Garon / 
WINERY NEWS Domaine Guyon / 
WINERY NEWS Domaine Dominique Gallois / 
WINERY NEWS Domaine Isabel Ferrando / 
WINERY NEWS Schrader Cellars / Napa Valley’s Schrader Cellars sold to Constellation Brands Constellation Brands, Inc., the  more ...
WINERY NEWS Torres / MIGUEL A TORRES GIVEN LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD BY DB AND IMW Torres was given the award at a ce  more ...
WINERY NEWS Château du Tertre / 
WINERY NEWS Promontory / The story behind Napa's new blockbuster winery: Promontory Once upon a time, Bill Harlan race  more ...
WINERY NEWS Penfolds  / Penfolds Remembers Max Schubert   Two new wines aim to celebrate Max Schubert, but do they h  more ...
WINERY NEWS Paeanca Societa Agricola / 
WINERY NEWS Château Angelus / ANGELUS AFFECTED BY FROST Everything in the vineyard had been been in the best possible shape up   more ...
WINE NEWS: Dom Pérignon 2009 / Dom Pérignon will launch 2009 vintage before 2008 Dom Perignon has announced the launch of  more ...
TASTINGBOOK WINE NEWS Sotheby’s $5m sale smashes records / .

Wine Moments

Here you can see wine moments from tastingbook users. or to see wine moments from your world.
Incorrect Information
If you found some information that is wrong, let us know
Are you sure you want do delete this wine? All information will be lost.
Are you sure you want to recommend this wine?
Are you sure you want hide this written note ?
Are you sure you want show this written note ?

HOW TO USE TASTINGBOOK?

We recommend you to share few minutes for watching the following video instructions of how to use the Tastingbook. This can provide you a comprehensive understanding of all the features you can find from this unique service platform.

This video will help you get started



Taste wines with the Tastingbook


Create Your wine cellar on 'My Wines'



Explore Your tasted wines library



Administrate Your wine world in Your Profile



Type a message ...
Register to Tastingbook
Register now it's fast easy and totally free.
Register with Facebook   Register