The Latour family has been proprietors of a part of Romanée-Saint-Vivant since December 1898. "Les Quatre Journaux” is a magnificent plot of land situated at the South-West of Romanée Saint Vivant, a few meters from the Romanée-Conti vineyard. A "Journal” is an old Burgundian measurement corresponding to approximately 0.4 hectares (34,28 ares). Even though the Latours' initial purchase carried the entirety of the plot, half of it was sold some years later. Today Maison Louis Latour owns 0.8 hectares of Romanée-Saint-Vivant. It offers a marvelously aromatic wine, with a velvety texture which culminates in a persistent and powerful finish in the mouth. It is one of our greatest red wines.