Located within the very walls of Saint-Emilion, along the ramparts of the ancient village, Château La Clotte is one of the oldest vineyards in the appellation. It has belonged to the Grailly family since the 14th century. This estate covered 20 hectares of vineyard and much of it was divided up and sold off over the years. In 1913, the Chailleau family bought the last remaining plot of this ancient vineyard. During the years after the Second World War Georges Chailleau, Grand Vinetier de la Jurade, succeeded in having this four-hectare "clos" ranked among the top Saint-Emilion wines. Since that time, his descendants, three cousins, have combined all their efforts to produce wines that are full of life, fruity and with depth of flavour from their fabulous terroir. They maintain their respect for the time-honoured traditions while incorporating the latest techniques.