FINE CHAMPAGNE HALL OF FAME – The ranking of the all time best champagnes of the millennia
tastingbook.com and Fine Champagne Magazine presents:
FINE CHAMPAGNE HALL OF FAME
– The ranking of the all time best champagnes of the millennia
The world’s one and only international champagne magazine – Fine Champagne Magazine – and Tastingbook.com have ranked the world’s best champagnes of this millennia in a grand ‘Champagne Hall of Fame’ tasting.
Over one hundred top ten champagnes from Fine Champagne Magazine’s annual 100 Best Champagnes’ rankings in 2010-2022 were included in the Champagne Hall of Fame tasting. From these champagnes 30 best scoring ones entered into the grand finale organised in August 2022.
The jury formed by the international wine & champagne professionals from ten countries around the world gathered for the Champagne Hall of Fame tasting finals in Helsinki.
All finalist champagnes were prestige quality and came from fifteen different champagne houses. Dom Pérignon, which has had more champagnes in top 10 rankings in Fine Champagne Magazine Best 100 Champagnes lists than any other champagne house in the history, had six different cuvées in the final. The second most champagnes in finale came from Taittinger with its four different Comte de Champagne vintages.
The most noteworthy champagne on the list is Rare Champagne, whose every vintage produced in the 2000s was included in the finals, and whose award-winner Rare Champagne 2002 (already in The Best Champagne of the Year 2011!) took the second place in the Champagne Hall of Fame tasting. This amazing champagne is still so youthful and shows no signs of slowing down.
Regarding the ageing potential of the finalist champagnes, the list includes a large number of champagnes that will show their true greatness in following years, or some even in following decades. These are especially the champagnes of the top vintages 2008 and 2012. Despite their potential, it was great to experience how much pleasure they provided already at this young stage. However, once they gain more bottle age, it can be expected that many of them will be rated closer to 100-point margin in the future.
Champagne Hall of Fame ranking:
1. Krug Vintage 2000 98p
2. Rare Champagne 2002 97p
3. Louis Roederer Cristal 2002 97p
4. Dom Pérignon Rosé 2008 97p
5. Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2006 97p
6. Dom Pérignon 2008 97p
7. Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2008 97p
8. Dom Pérignon P2 2004 97p
9. Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Alexandra Rosé 2004 96p
10. Dom Pérignon P2 2000 96p
11. Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2002 96p
12. Dom Pérignon P2 2002 96p
13. Krug Vintage 2004 96p
14. Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill 2000 95p
15. Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2007 95p
16. Maison Mumm Cuvée Lalou 2006 95p
17. Armand de Brignac Brut Gold NV 95p
18. Dom Pérignon 2009 95p
19. Laurent-Perrier Grand Siecle No. 24 95p
20. Dom Ruinart Rosé 2004 95p
21. Rare Champagne 2008 95p
22. Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs 2002 95p
23. Dom Pérignon 2006 95p
24. Rare Champagne 2006 95p
25. Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2008 94p
26. Thiénot x Penfolds Blanc de Blancs Lot 2-175 2012 94p
27. Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Collection 2002 94p
28. Rare Champagne Rosé 2008 94p
29. Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millénaires 2007 93p
30. Billecart-Salmon Cuvée Elisabeth Salmon Rosé 2008 93p