The name Lynch-Moussas goes back to the 19th century, when Count Lynch’s estate was divided in two: Lynch-Bages and Lynch- Moussas (Moussas is the place name where many of the vines are located).
The LYNCH MOUSSAS estate was owned since the 18th century by the Comte LYNCH in Pauillac, then was divised in two parts: LYNCH MOUSSAS and LYNCH BAGES. The building was kept by LYNCH MOUSSAS , as well as most of lands and vineyards. This great estate from more than two hundred acres was classified as a Classed Growth by the1855 classification.
Mr Jean CASTEJA, owner of the family-owned Château DUHART-MILON bought the estate in 1919 and run it until 1969 when Emile CASTEJA bought it to his brothers. A wind of change starts blowing since that date, revealing a modernized LYNCH MOUSSAS with a renewed vineyard, rebuilt cellars and vatrooms.
The wines of LYNCH MOUSSAS are today well known for their deep and dark colour, their red-fruity nose. They are round with a beginning of ripe tannins, followed by the typical hints of blackcurrant of the prestigious wines of Pauillac. These full-bodied wines have a significant length in the mouth.
They can be tasty as young but also be kept long by “connaisseurs”.