The Tb points given to this wine are the world’s most valid and most up-to-date evaluation of the quality of the wine. Tastingbook points are formed by the Tastingbook algorithm which takes into account the wine ratings of the world's 50 best-known professional wine critics, wine ratings by thousands of tastingbook’s professionals and users, the generally recognised vintage quality and reputation of the vineyard and winery. Wine needs at least five professional ratings to get the Tb score. Tastingbook.com is the world's largest wine information service which is an unbiased, non-commercial and free for everyone.
Power and balance are the key words to define our Millésimé, elaborated from a majority of Pinot Noir from the Grands Crus of the Montagne de Reims. Aged in our cellars for a long time until perfect maturity is reached, it is a structured and fullbodied wine, making it a perfect companion to hearty autumn and winter dishes.
This magnificent vintage cuvee is a true expression of the intensity and the richness of Grand Cru Pinot Noir which accounts for 80% of the blend. The remaining 20% is Chardonnay, also from Grand Crus vineyards.
The result is a sumptuous, generous and full-bodied wine which can accompany the richest and most flavoursome dishes.
Chardonnay adds the touch of elegance that characterizes a great Champagne.
A difficult start to the year led to early budbreak. There were some damaging hailstorms in early May, but the frost ultimately stayed away. The summer was overall warm and thanks to the hot and dry August, the grapes looked promising for the harvest. However, a damp September challenged producers and dilution was an issue for some. The 1999 harvest that started on September 15th produced a large yield (12,989 kg/ha) of sweet grapes that resulted in soft wines, low in acidity, which produced Champagnes that, in many cases, miss linearity and structure. Voluptuous and enjoyable with ripe, fruity, even exotic characters but in most cases for the medium-term only, even if the best seem to be maturing better than initially expected. The red wines of the year were exceptional and resulted in some outstanding prestige cuvée rosés, such as Louis Roederer Cristal Rosé, Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Rosé and Bollinger La Grande Année Rosé.