The Tb points given to this wine are the world’s most valid and most up-to-date evaluation of the quality of the wine. Tastingbook points are formed by the Tastingbook algorithm which takes into account the wine ratings of the world's best-known professional wine critics, wine ratings by thousands of tastingbook’s professionals and users, the generally recognised vintage quality and reputation of the vineyard and winery. Wine needs at least five professional ratings to get the Tb score. Tastingbook.com is the world's largest wine information service which is an unbiased, non-commercial and free for everyone.
Vineyard: The grapes primarily came from our San Carlos Vineyard near Cunaco in the Colchagua Valley. The blocks of Cabernet Sauvignon were planted more than 100 years ago.
Soil: Deep and extraordinarily porous soils of alluvial origin with a sandy-clay texture and very good capacity for administering water to the plant throughout the year.
Vineyard Management: The vines are planted to a density of 4,808 plants/hectare, trellised to low vertical shoot position, and are spur pruned. Shoots are pulled in the spring and early summer, and leaves are pulled manually in early March to ensure good ventilation for the grapes.
Varieties: 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Malbec, and 3% Syrah.
Vinification techniques: The grapes were destemmed and crushed into a tank. Alcoholic fermentation took place with native yeasts at 25º–27ºC and very gently to avoid over-extraction to ensure a more elegant, friendly, and balanced wine. The new wine remained on its skins for approximately 7–10 days, and malolactic fermentation took place naturally. The wine was aged in French oak barrels and was delicately filtered before bottling.
Oak: 72% of the wine spent 12 months in French oak barrels. The remaining 28% was aged in concrete tanks.