The Tb points given to this wine are the world’s most valid and most up-to-date evaluation of the quality of the wine. Tastingbook points are formed by the Tastingbook algorithm which takes into account the wine ratings of the world's 50 best-known professional wine critics, wine ratings by thousands of tastingbook’s professionals and users, the generally recognised vintage quality and reputation of the vineyard and winery. Wine needs at least five professional ratings to get the Tb score. Tastingbook.com is the world's largest wine information service which is an unbiased, non-commercial and free for everyone.
Barons de Rothschild Extra Brut is a rich, complex and ethereal wine. It is made by blending wines aged at least 3 years, Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs from the Champagne region’s best terroirs. This Champagne with a low dosage, is kept for an ageing of at least 12 months after disgorgement.
• 60% of Chardonnays, primarily Grands Crus and Premiers Crus from the Côte des Blancs (Mesnil-sur-Oger, Oger, Avize, Cramant, Vertus…).
• 40% of Pinots Noirs from La Montagne de Reims, mainly from Verzy, Verzenay, Ambonnay, Bouzy, Ay, Mareuil sur Ay…).
• This blend includes 40% of reserve wines, a mark of exceptional quality and consistency over the time.
• Manual Harvesting
• Alcoholic fermentation in thermo regulated stainless steel vats
• Malolactic fermentation
• Bottle ageing between 4 and 5 years
• Low dosage of less than 2g/l, ageing of at least 12 months after disgorgement
The Art of Tasting
Appearance: The wine’s brilliance and clarity show pale golden highlights, combined with very fine bubbles that carry an abundant, persistent foam.
Aroma: This exceptionally fine Cuvée exudes aromas of pear and nuts (almonds, fresh hazelnuts) that marry with hints of white flowers and faint toasty notes.
Palate: A strong, assertive opening that leads into a well-rounded wine that is powerful yet contained; the sign of long ageing in traditional cellars.
Wine and Food pairings
Champagne Barons de Rothschild Extra Brut is a complex wine for all moments, ideal as an aperitif or with a Champagne meal. It pairs with oysters, a lobsters carpaccio, lightly seared scallops or sushis. Then taste the Cuvée with a medallion of veal accompanied by white truffles fresh pasta. End your meal with an aged parmesan and some appetizers lemony for the dessert.