Barons de Rothschild Extra Brut is a rich, complex and ethereal wine. It is made by blending wines aged at least 3 years, Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs from the Champagne region’s best terroirs. This Champagne with a low dosage, is kept for an ageing of at least 12 months after disgorgement.
• 60% of Chardonnays, primarily Grands Crus and Premiers Crus from the Côte des Blancs (Mesnil-sur-Oger, Oger, Avize, Cramant, Vertus…).
• 40% of Pinots Noirs from La Montagne de Reims, mainly from Verzy, Verzenay, Ambonnay, Bouzy, Ay, Mareuil sur Ay…).
• This blend includes 40% of reserve wines, a mark of exceptional quality and consistency over the time.
• Manual Harvesting
• Alcoholic fermentation in thermo regulated stainless steel vats
• Malolactic fermentation
• Bottle ageing between 4 and 5 years
• Low dosage of less than 2g/l, ageing of at least 12 months after disgorgement
The Art of Tasting
Appearance: The wine’s brilliance and clarity show pale golden highlights, combined with very fine bubbles that carry an abundant, persistent foam.
Aroma: This exceptionally fine Cuvée exudes aromas of pear and nuts (almonds, fresh hazelnuts) that marry with hints of white flowers and faint toasty notes.
Palate: A strong, assertive opening that leads into a well-rounded wine that is powerful yet contained; the sign of long ageing in traditional cellars.
Wine and Food pairings
Champagne Barons de Rothschild Extra Brut is a complex wine for all moments, ideal as an aperitif or with a Champagne meal. It pairs with oysters, a lobsters carpaccio, lightly seared scallops or sushis. Then taste the Cuvée with a medallion of veal accompanied by white truffles fresh pasta. End your meal with an aged parmesan and some appetizers lemony for the dessert.