The Tb points given to this wine are the world’s most valid and most up-to-date evaluation of the quality of the wine. Tastingbook points are formed by the Tastingbook algorithm which takes into account the wine ratings of the world's best-known professional wine critics, wine ratings by thousands of tastingbook’s professionals and users, the generally recognised vintage quality and reputation of the vineyard and winery. Wine needs at least five professional ratings to get the Tb score. Tastingbook.com is the world's largest wine information service which is an unbiased, non-commercial and free for everyone.
Impressive purity of fruit and definition with black currant, oyster shell, blueberries and slate. Graphite too. Very complex yet subtle. Full-bodied, very chewy and powerful yet polished and gorgeous. Muscular, well-formed tannins. Electric style. Best ever from here. Drink in 2020.99 pts,
James Suckling 2013
Graphite, lavender, sage, cloves and menthol race out of the glass in the 2013 Continuum, a wine that is just as impressive in bottle as it was from barrel. An intensely saline, mineral-drenched wine endowed with serious depth and precision, the 2013 shines with exceptional structural intensity and power, all that despite just having been bottled. In 2013 the Cabernet Franc is way up, which helps give the wine more aromatic top notes as well as greater overall complexity. Simply put, the 2013 is a real knock-out.
Antonio Galloni, Oct 2015 97 pts
Artistic wine is an expression of man's harmony with nature. The winegrower's art begins by finding a great site, then balancing the vine to the site, the fruit to the vine, the winemaking to the fruit and ultimately the wine to the table; all for the purpose of enhancing a great meal.
2013 is arguably the greatest ever year for the region.
- Not scored yet by Parker but certainly potential for a 98-100 point score.
- 97 Galloni and 99pts from Suckling.
- Highest ever score from both critics.
- Only the 9th vintage – seriously impressive results.
- Hard to find a winery that has received such accolades in such a short space of time.
- In the context of the leading wines from Napa, this is great value given the quality and limited supply.
- Approx. 1,200 cases produced.
- 2013 is the 100th anniversary of Robert Mondavi’s birth.
- This is the first vintage to be made in its entirety at the winery.
- Current Benchmark Market Price (Liv-ex) for 2013 vintage = £1,830 per 12
A single wine vineyard that was launched by Robert Mondavi and his son Tim in 2005. A Bordeaux inspired wine that is Cabernet Sauvignon led, the vision for Continuum is for it be considered one of the finest wines produced in Napa. No expense is spared ensuring their wines are the best they can be, and the estate is at the forefront of innovation with regards to wine making techniques; perhaps the most advanced winery in the world.