Palmes d’Or Brut Vintage encompasses all of the elegance and finesse of Chardonnay combined with the full body of Pinot Noir. Always a vintage, only exceptional harvests are deemed worthy of being part of its composition.
Blend:This prestige cuvée expresses the vast diversity of the Champagne soils. A powerful Champagne with a complex, distinguished structure.
VillagesChardonnay: Chouilly, Cramant, Oger, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Avize et Montgueux.Pinot noir: Bouzy, Verzy, Verzenay, Aÿ et Ambonnay.11 - 12 Grand Crus are used in the Palmes d'Or blend.
Ageing and vinificationAged for a minimum 9 years.
Appearance:Pronounced golden yellow, clear and bright. Delicate gossamer bubbles softly crackle; lively, majestic sustained mousse.
Nose:Primary fruit aromas of white pear and peach and walnut and apricot dried fruit notes. More intense secondary aromas reveal spicy notes of pepper and ginger and red fruits subtly interweaving with the primary aromas.
Palate:Clean and direct on the attack, delicate bubbles reveal magnificent mineral quality. Great structure on the palate, incredibly long on the finish and unforgettable elegance. Best served at 10 - 12 °C.
Food and wine pairings: Aperitif: Foie gras crème brulée Starter: Chervil, honey and sesame Maki rolls Main: Brittany lobster Carpaccio with Burgundy truffles, Dessert: Peach tart
Vintage 2004 :
- 93/100 - Wine Spectator December 2014
- Silver Medal - Internationa Wine & Spirit Competition 2014
- Gold Medal - The Global Champagne Masters 2014
- Silver medal - Concours des Vinalies Internationales 2014
- Gold medal – CINVE 2013
- Silver medal – Vinalies China 2013
- Gold medal – VinAgora International Wine Competition 2013
- Gold medal – International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013
- Bronze medal – International Wine Challenge 2013
- Gran Bacchus de Oro – Bacchus 2013