The Tb points given to this wine are the world’s most valid and most up-to-date evaluation of the quality of the wine. Tastingbook points are formed by the Tastingbook algorithm which takes into account the wine ratings of the world's 50 best-known professional wine critics, wine ratings by thousands of tastingbook’s professionals and users, the generally recognised vintage quality and reputation of the vineyard and winery. Wine needs at least five professional ratings to get the Tb score. Tastingbook.com is the world's largest wine information service which is an unbiased, non-commercial and free for everyone.
As the Champagne des Souverains, so great was the fame of the Cordon Rouge wine that it became the symbol of the House and of champagne as a whole. The wine lovers of today continue to worship G.H.MUMM Cordon Rouge and have made the cuvée France's premier and one of the world's favourite champagnes.
Georges Hermann Mumm is the man to whom we owe the House's iconic cuvée. In 1876, to assert the quality of its champagne, the House decided to adorn their bottles with a red silk ribbon, a reference to the Ordre de Saint Louis and to the Grand Cordon de la Légion d'Honneur. Its success was immediate: a symbol of G.H.MUMM's excellence and expertise, the Cordon Rouge cuvée henceforth became a true benchmark all over the world.
APPERANCEThis champagne is a brightly sparkling, light golden yellow liquid with an abundance of fine and elegant bubbles.
FRAGRANCEThe nose reveals initial aromas of ripe fresh fruit (white and yellow peaches, apricots), tropical notes (lychee and pineapple). It then opens up with the fragrance of vanilla before developing notes of milky caramel, breadcrumbs and yeast, culminating in aromas of dried fruit and honey.
TASTEAn explosion of freshness in the mouth, followed by strong persistence. The complex aromas of fresh fruit and caramel perpetuate the intensity.
G.H.MUMM's champagne rituals introduce 21st-century devotees to new ways of enjoying champagne. This cuvée fully expresses its aromas and structure when served at 8°C.
The style of every G.H.MUMM Cordon Rouge cuvée is a constant, subtle balance of freshness and intensity:
• A cuvée blended from 77 crus, every one unique
• The grape variety traditionally used by G.H.MUMM, Pinot Noir (45%) endows the wine with structure and strength
• Chardonnay blend (30%) that ensures both finesse and elegance
• The fruity, sharp and well-rounded notes of Pinot Meunier (25%) complete the blend
• A separate pressing and vinification for each grape variety and cru, to ensure a wide range of aromas and taste sensations
• 25% to 30% addition of reserve wine which brings depth to the final blend
• A residual sugar content of 8g/l to remain constant and true to the G.H.MUMM style