The Tb points given to this wine are the world’s most valid and most up-to-date evaluation of the quality of the wine. Tastingbook points are formed by the Tastingbook algorithm which takes into account the wine ratings of the world's 50 best-known professional wine critics, wine ratings by thousands of tastingbook’s professionals and users, the generally recognised vintage quality and reputation of the vineyard and winery. Wine needs at least five professional ratings to get the Tb score. Tastingbook.com is the world's largest wine information service which is an unbiased, non-commercial and free for everyone.
Madame Pommery had two words to describe her champagne: cheerful lightness. Taking it one step further, Pommery stands for delicacy and vivacity, heart and spirit, a style made of finesse whose musical score highlights the elegance of aromas before their power. It is a style full of freshness, with notes that come together like a witty dialogue, remaining on the palate with tender flavours. ’
Thierry Gasco, 9th Pommery Cellar Director.
- The grapes are pressed in traditional presses that contain 4,000 kg of grapes, from which 2,550 litres of juice are extracted.
- Initial alcoholic fermentation turns the grape juice contained in the vats into wine, under the action of selected yeasts.
- Several wines made from different varietals, different crus, or different vintages, are blended to create and perpetuate the Pommery style.
Chill your bottle in a bucket filled with water and ice for thirty minutes, or place at the bottom of the refrigerator in a horizontal position for four hours.
Serve chilled, not cold, at 7- 8° C, opening the bottle as follows:
• hold the bottle with one hand and undo the wire cage with the other hand,
• tilt the bottle slightly and turn it, while holding firmly onto the cork,
• pull gently on the cork to keep it from popping out violently.
• fill the glasses halfway so that the wine’s aroma can be fully appreciated.